Friday 14 March 2014

Turquoise n Orange by Alison Bomber

Another challenge set my thoughts racing about how to try out the techniques that Alison showed us trying to give it a little twist.
So I thought acetate! First I dabbed grungepaste onto tags cut from acetate and stippled it to give the required texture.

Next I worked in my journal painting a background of Autumn Fire and crackle glazing with Vanilla on top. I then stamped the large stamp LPC030 with coffee archival.

I made washi tape using Beach Hut and the same stamps with coffee archival and framed my image. I also added some watery paint to the stamped background.

Next I applied Bora Bora, Beach Hut and Mermaid to my grungepasted acetate frames and also rubbed on Treasure Gold, Aquamarine, Brass and Spanish Topaz. I found some buttons that matched and attached them to the tags.
It took me ages before I was happy with the way that I had arranged the frames and finally glued them over my images. My photos do not show up the acetate but I am happy with my end result.
Alison, you are an inspiration. Thankyou!

10 comments:

  1. oooo this is a bit special!!! love how you have taken the project and completely transformed it. Definitely well inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love where you went with Alison's idea, Hazel! Once again you've come up with something ingenious - I love the combo of acetate and GP with the Treasure Gold. This is such beautiful and creative work. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab take on Alison's lovely design Hazel! Gorgeous colours and love the use of acetate.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that worked so well - really inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Hazel - what a fabulous creative leap to add the texture to the acetate panels, and they look just amazing over the stamping. Brilliant homemade washi too! This is just fantastic... so happy to have been the trigger, and thrilled to see how you flew with it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so ingenious and clever, hazel. Really impressed with everything you have been making,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel,
    You live way to far away for us to play together, but I sure do wish it wasn't so. Your ideas inspire me. I'm going to have to say to myself how could I make this the same but different. Your creation is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel,
    I live in the United States, I stumbled onto the Paper Artsy blog looking for Steampunk stamps and Darcy's images came up. I investigated the blog and products and fell in love with them. I found someone in the states that carries these products and I just received my first package this past week. One set of Darcys and one Jofy and the Jofy paint along w/grunge paste and one stencil. So my resources are limited for these products. I couldn't play last week because I was doing Darcy's journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful your idea, always you have your own it's amazing! Great texture and colours combo. xx

    ReplyDelete