Saturday 1 March 2014

Canvas by Linda Cain

Linda's canvas is just glorious and I felt compelled to try my hand.

I decided to work in my journal as I was totally unsure of where I was heading. if I am pleased with my results, I will rework onto canvas.
I started by selecting a poem and illustration from a book of love poems, and using grunge paste through the new JOFY bloom and grow stencil.

Next, I painted on my fresco colours. starting in the middle, Limelight, Toad Hall, Lilac, Pansy and Eggplant. If I did it again I would blend them with foam rather than with a brush.


By now I was in the WHAT HAVE I DONE zone. but know that things can be retrieved so carried on. I stamped images from new Lynne Perrella stamps, painted them;stamped script with olive archival; treasure gilded the flowers and words with Brass and Amethyst, and glued down the images. Rubbed a bit more TG around the edges and there was my finished work. Yet another "what I would do better next time" piece but enjoyable and learning.
Thankyou Guru Linda….respect!

9 comments:

  1. Wow that's gorgeous! Fabulous rich colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab colours. Poipal is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow fabulous colours. i was hooked from the first photo, love how you stencilled around the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, look at the shine from the TG! Gorgeous page Hazel..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, great colours & love all the TG:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - I'm itching to have a play at this too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I produce "could do better next time" pieces as standard! But it's fun trying and learning and sometimes there's a happy surprise. Did you find the paint drying too fast for your blending? As I am a relative beginner with acrylics I have bought myself some slow drying medium so I could take my time with it without it driving me insane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel,
    I'm with you always say what could I have done better, that is how we grow. I love the GP flowers and how you brought them to life around your text

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colours Hazel, a gorgeous page! xxx

    ReplyDelete