Sunday 9 March 2014

Jax Framed pic

It was a lovely surprise when our new Guest Designer popped up and it was Jax. Her framed flowers are beautiful so I decided to have a go myself.

I started by printing with black stazon onto silver mirri card using my new Darcy stamps.
Next I made a frame and painted it with French Roast, added Crackle Glaze and then Pewter over the top.
I selected translucent Frescos for my mirri card and painted the house, stars etc with London Bus, Hey Pesto, Beach Hut and Limelight. They stand out really well on a shiny surface.
Finally I stamped with Black Archival onto the frame and painted with frescos. (Next time I would have continued the painting from the frame onto the picture)
Nevertheless, I am happy with my picture and congratulate Jax on her debut!
I found this difficult to photograph as I was getting myself and camera in the reflection!

10 comments:

  1. Love this, Hazel - the stamps are gorgeous (not used mine yet!!) and your mirri card shows them up so well, even if it made it hard to photograph...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is gorgeous. The stamps work really well together and the sentiment is perfick. Huge hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Those colours really pop against the mirri card, love how you've done the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Hazel! Darcy's stamps look so cool here!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel,
    I really like this one. The colors really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for joining us at PaperArtsy. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. would never think to use mirri, love the effect. Great piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel this is really love great technique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, that's wonderful! The house looks so good against the mirri card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab page Hazel, the mirri card works really well, love it!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete