Wednesday 12 March 2014

Green Man 2

When I get ideas in my head I get a bit intense and I wanted to think of another interpretation of the green man without a mask. So last night, torch out, outside in the green bin,(appropriate colour) rooting round for Sunday colour supplements. Hey Presto, found a suitable candidate for green man!!

Glued him into a journal page and left him until tonight.
No plans as to how to do this but just got back to him tonight and threw some fresco paint on him, Limelight, Chocolate Pudding, London bus, Smoked Paprika and Hey Pesto. Actually mixed paint together tonight !! Also tore some book paper and brown paper leaves and added to the mix.

Next I was going to add stamped and cut papers using similar to last night but suddenly thought about my Ellen Vargo stamps. Bingo, quicker and I hoped different….so I stamped a mixture using versa mark coffee, olive and black archival. With hindsight should have left out the black….too dominant.
So here is Green man number 2. Don't have nightmares, sleep well!!

18 comments:

  1. wow, wonderful Hazel!! Can't believe you went rootling around in your recycling with a torch.... but well done for finding a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blimey he is a bit scary Hazel, lol! However, HE IS FABULOUS! OMG his eyes are spooky and very hypnotic! What a brilliant interpretation of The Green Man.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow he's cool, I love his braided beard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Far too scary! Fab job finding a face you could use...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Hazel, he does remind me of those traditional Green Men that are a bit scary! He is terrific though, a triumph! You certainly went above and beyond with this one! I love love love the way you recycled and how you transformed that image from the colour supplement! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're a very talented lady, Hazel. I really appreciate how wholeheartedly and brilliantly you've played along this week. Many many thanks for sharing your fabulous creativity! Julie Annxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous man so creative and I like the black stamping looks like beard x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow he is brilliant! Wonderful effective colours and composed of leaves. I couldn't understand how to use Ellen Vargo series, but now I have interest a little. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel this is just wonderful - super scary looking ! Looks like he's set to do some ancient spirit dance/magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Hazel this is amazing - if a little scary lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic and not scary at all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow this is totally awesome, such fantastic creative thinking and he turned out brilliant :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one Hazel..what a fantastic idea!! looks like he is poking his head out of the jungle lol!! great piece xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. He looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So imaginative! Wonderful!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! He looks amazing! You're so creative Hazel!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hazel you are such an inspiration what a truly fab idea. Love your 2 Nd green man he is really magnificent xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So creative and clever to use a photo as a starting point! The whole thing looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete