Sunday 23 March 2014

Chatsworth Rose

Tonights PA challenge was a beautiful scrap page layout from the very talented Pam Thorburn.
Her work has inspired me to speed off into my craft room before and tonight was no exception. I absorbed, I rummaged and I created…all within the space of a couple of hours.

Luckily, I bought the new Chatsworth papers from Leandra this week, so I had no problem there, except, which paper to choose. As my chosen photograph is in black and white I went for a very neutral paper. I chopped the edges from the paper and distressed the edges and stitched it to the same paper reversed.
Next I mixed Tikka fresco with grungepaste and stencilled through circles. When dry I stamped with PA script stamp and heat embossed in gold and also stamped in coffee archival.
To make it different, I used the cut offs from the background to make a pie crust edge to the photo. I sprayed the paper, tore it and sewed it around the photograph.
I played around for a while with lace, doilies and flowers and found that I was getting a bit bogged down, so I started again.
I decided to use Tim Holtz Adage tickets and little wooden embellishments around the photo. 2 brass frames highlight the photo and just a few Wendy Vecchi flowers. I distress inked them to tie in with my neutral scheme.
Finally a magical sweep of Treasure Brass over the pie crust, animals, dots and flowers. Like fairy dust.
I could have tackled this in so many ways and will try this style again. I have really enjoyed it and little Rose looks happy amongst the animals.
Thankyou to Pam for her inspiration once again. The effort that the designers put in make it so much easier for us to achieve pleasing results!!




19 comments:

  1. Hazel, that is a gorgeous scrapbook page. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been speedily done, but it's gorgeous!! Wish I knew how I could do this one, without a sewing machine .... oh well, got all week to try! Love how you've married up the colours from the papers and the tickets to your paints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speedy this is lovely. Great choice of paper and colour tones. Fab picture too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very speedy and lovely!! I am still thinking about it!! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel,
    Great job on this page, I love all your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your speedy enthusiasm Hazel. Beautiful page with lots of texture and interest:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ripping and stitching and the sepia tones of the paint against the paper, really lovely and Rose looks sooo cute! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is gorgeous Hazel! And, that's such an adorable photo of little Rose!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely, looks so authentically vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page and beautiful layers. I love cute animal embellishments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree with Darcy about the authenticity of this, Hazel. It works so well and the photo of little Rose fits in just perfectly. The little animals are adorable too. I love the colour scheme and the torn edges. How do you do it, Hazel? You are a Wiz!!! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, your gorgeous little Rose and now surrounded by a suitably gorgeous layout! This is lovely Hazel and well done on getting out of the 'bog' of crafting overload ...... because I think that's what happens sometimes and you did the right thing sweeping it off to start again with your arrangement of embellishments, etc. The result is soooo good!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Just wanted to say I normally have no problem with spiral flowers but this particular die is a sort of reverse spiral in that the centre stays on top instead of forming the base and you can therefore only curve the rest of it slightly underneath. This then means you can't shape the petals very well. I keep thinking there has to be a secret somewhere that I'm missing and I so wish someone would let me in on it, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layout, great choice of colours and I love your tickets embellishments. The pic is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely choice of papers Hazel..your page is beautiful as is your grandaughter Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific layout, the black & white photo of Ross is so perfect for the colours you have used, a lovely keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Hazel-the tickets and the gold look fab-thank you for your kind words too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that previous comment was from me=Pam- by the way-just realised I hadn't sgined out of PA!

    ReplyDelete