Thursday 4 February 2016

Launch of Lin Browns new stamps.....And I feel like a "Child in a sweet shop!"

Never before have I been so excited about new stamps!!

I was asked by the lovely Lin Brown to help to showcase her new stamps and stencils......WOO...HOO....!!

Excited, scared...very honoured and humbled! First reaction was...well, Lin is so meticulous and precise....why does she want me? But, as I have, in the past year started to wear my "Big Girl Pants", I went for it!

The chosen fresco colours were to be Claret, Yellow Submarine, Chocolate Pudding, Toffee, Caramel, Hey Pesto and Vanilla. 4 gorgeous new stamp sets too and 2 stencils.

First of all, here is the fabulous video from Leandra.                  
                                               
                                         
I was straight away excited by the lovely lines, patterns and shapes that the flowers and leaves created . I decided to highlight them by stamping parts of each of them. I cut out 9 matching squares and stamped with black archival. Then mounted them onto black card and used a hint of Claret in the mount.


Next, I repeated the process and painted in the shapes.


                                                         

Next, to the Gelli plate...6x6. I used Caramel for the background and stamped an assortment of leaves onto the plate using Leaf Green Archival ink....which matches Hey Pesto. Then I stamped the beautifully exotic flower, once onto the background and once onto Heavy Stamping Card, painted and fussy cut. I drew around the image with grey pen to add extra shadow. Finally stamped a sentiment in Black Archival.


My second Gelli plate I used Archival Plum in the background, which is similar to Claret, and stamped and painted 3 daisies. 


Next, I went 3D and dug out the other black patent shoe that I bought from a charity shop last year. I used the other one last year in a project.

I sanded it slightly...painted several layers of Vanilla and stamped leaves with Leaf Green Archival onto white tissue. Also stamped some sentiments in Plum Archival. I placed the stamping around the contours of the shoe and sealed them with Multi Medium in Matte finish. Several layers has made the shoe quite durable.
Finally, I stamped, painted and cut out the glorious exotic flower as a centrepiece. In the picture it is made from card....but I replaced it with a much more durable one on GrungePaper.




Next, I had a play with 2 Number 8 tags.
I glued some manuscript paper in strips and painted a watery Vanilla over them. Then, I added some distress stains using Wrinkle Free distress method. I stamped a new Lin sentiment as a background and then stamped and heat embossed the Lily. I also dipped the Lilies into Distress inks and painted them lightly. One has lace dipped into Claret paint. 



Next were the stencils.....fabulous shapes. I decided to make a Masterboard and brayered the coloured frescos to make a background. I used more frescos through the stencils applying them with a stencil brush.
Next, cut them up into squares, added some stamping for borders and then stamped sentiments. I like the busyness of the colours together and the vibrancy.


By this time, I was fired up like steam train and wanted to go on and on!
I used contrasting black and white card...applied a little paint straight from the bottles and combed it over the surface. Next, I stamped and heat embossed the daisies ...added a few dots of stickles and heat embossed the sentiments.


Also, I heated some embossing powders onto Hessian and pressed a daisy stamp into them. I mounted them simply with a little square of silk and finished them off with a bead.


Next, I decided to make my own stamped tissue and washi tape using the stamps.






I combined the torn tissue with brayering, stencilling and stamping to make another master board.


I cut this into 4 pieces and here are 4 different interpretations.


This one has the exotic flower, slightly translucent, cut from Crackly wax paper, dotted with Perfect Pearls, and my washi tape added.


Similar, but I have stamped the flower onto White Tissue and painted it.


This one has 2 daisies, stamped, painted and Glossy Accents added. Washi tape and extra Plum stamping around the edges.


And finally, Cut out Daisy added, painted, Perfect Pearls added, washi tape and a stamped border. 

I hope that you made it to the end of this, my longest ever post! You may have realised that I was extra fired up with these amazing stamps. I look forward to seeing what everyone else creates from these beauties in the future. Thank you for looking. You can see all the other creations by Lin and her team over on the PA blog.

                                               








8 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Hazel for being part of my team this evening and creating so many beautiful samples. I'm tickled pink that you accepted my invitation to help me with the launch of these new lines, it's been such a joy working with you.

    Lin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hazel - it's clear Lin's stamps and stencils lit you up like a Christmas tree! So much inspiration and so many fabulous details and ideas... I particularly love the muted tags, and that wonderful tissue paper - but they are all amazing.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous samples Hazel, looking forward to the shoe making an appearance on Saturday 😉 Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing samples Hazel! Absolutely beautiful all of them and I can't stop oohing and ahhing!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what amazing samples, Hazel! I love them all - especially the first one - but they are all gorgeous. That shoe!!! clever girl... and I love the stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such fabulous samples Hazel. You can tell that you had fun using them. I love the colours that you have used too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your stunning samples, Hazel. That shoe is amazing.

    ReplyDelete