Sunday 28 February 2016

Face with hat

I watched someones blog video this week which encouraged me to play more with backgrounds.
I started by gluing manuscript, dictionary papers and some stamping bits and bobs that my grandchildren did!

I stamped a few dots and letters with archival ink and filled in all the blanks with Portfolio pastels. Finally, I stamped a PA script stamp with black archival!


So, this was my background.

Next, I drew the outline of the face in profile with my black Stabilo pencil. 
I painted in the face with fresco vintage lace, painted the hat with Baltic blue and painted Toffee for the hair and hat band. I made a [attern for her dress with black and white marks using the side of a paintbrush and added some shading. i finished by adding some contrast to the hair with crayons and painted in her eye and lips!
So, here is face with hat!  Entering her into the Kim Dellow face on friday!


Also, Countryviewcrafts blog is working on backgrounds, so would love to share this on there too!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous she looks like she's standing beside a painting or a show window....give her depth...beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing Hazel! She looks so dimensional! Fab stuff!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that vibrant background, and the profile face is beautifully done - great character, and she looks just ready to speak...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete