I prepared the back of a cereal packet by gessoing.
I printed off my 60's image and laid it face down onto Matte Medium, burnished with a spoon and left it overnight! Very difficult for me to leave anything overnight...particularly biscuits!
Next, I sprayed the paper with water and carefully rubbed off the backing paper....I found a baby wipe helped because the black ink wanted to spread everywhere.
Next, I sprayed some Distress Stains, Vintage photo, Faded jeans and Hickory Smoke onto my craft sheet, sprayed a little water over them and dipped the surround of my card into them. If anything looked too dark, then I dabbed some kitchen roll over them.
I then used Paperartsy stamp HP1506EZ to complete my work....the butterflies with background straight onto the card and the sentiment and single butterfly onto Kraft card....all stamped with Black Archival.
Just a little Vintage Photo ink around the edges and a little bit of scribble with Black pen to create a frame.
Like how she turned out and could play with this image again, maybe using psychedelic colours.....groovy baby!
I do hope that you can make out the image of the girl....my hubby couldn't work it out till I showed him!
Am entering this into the PA challenge!