Tuesday 5 May 2015

Sprays Ladybirds

I have taken inspiration from the wonderful pieces of art on the PA blog for the topic of sprays and tried to incorporate some of their ideas into my work. Love Julie Ann's use of glaze and then spraying watery paints with a touch of glaze in the mix; Jo's grungy drippy experiments; Emma's bleaching effect; Ruth's use of unprimed canvas.....could go on!

I found a gelly plate background of flowers and stamped Jofy ladybirds onto it and a sentiment. Like Julie Ann, I mixed paint into Grungepaste and applied it through more flowers. Next, I added some extra colour to the flowery background using Portfolio pastels and sealed it with metallic glaze.
I mixed some watery Bougainvillea with metallic glaze and sprayed over my work. It gave it a leathery, burnished finish.
I rubbed some Distress inks over the top and flicked water to bleach out little bits!
Finally I overstamped some flowers in black archival, added Treasure Gold White Fire to my Grunge Flowers and Glossy Accented the ladybirds!
This is simply an experiment in lots of ideas and techniques and will never pass go or collect £200...but, I am gradually learning to play more and not expect a finished piece of accomplished art every time!




5 comments:

  1. love this one too, great colours and I love the ladybirds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Hazel, this is sublime!!! Your background is glorious and bright and the layers are just perfect. I think you ahve passed go and would love to see you collect more than £200 lol.

    Good to see you playing and sharing. Thank you for such fab inspiration. Have you considered entering this into the Mixed Media World Challenge of Bright colours, would love to see you enter.

    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Hazel Already 3!!! Amazing you are really busy bee!! This is gorgeous and many great techniques. Jofy's ladybird are so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Hazel, another gorgeous piece of art - I love the ladybirds and I do think your playing has achieved another finished and accomplished piece of art - it really is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Experimenting is both fun and useful.... Love the look of the metallic glaze spray, one to keep in mind for later...

    ReplyDelete