Thursday 8 January 2015

Turquoise Tag.

My second blog of the day. This time I was inspired by the lovely Julie Ann over on The Dragons Dream.
I haven't joined in before, but turquoise and bling seemed like my kinda thing!

I started by spraying my large tag with water and rubbing onto my mat which was sprayed with Turquoise Dylusions. After drying, I dropped some water onto it and dried with kitchen paper.
Next I stamped a Lynne Perrella stamp in Cornflower Blue Archival and poured Aurora Borealis embossing powder on top and heat embossed.
I stamped around the tag with Watering Can archival to frame it.
Next I tore some bubble wrap and rubbed Treasure Pewter onto the bubbles and made a corner.
I added some glossy accents and put bedazzles onto them and added some circular pieces of plastic (no idea what they are called). I then added some Stickles, Perfect pearls and Treasure Pewtered some shells. I dyed some seam binding with Dylusions and added some bunting at the bottom.
So, this is Thalassa, the primordial sea goddess, who is supposed to be the personification of the sea itself. I like to think that she comforts the poor souls that are forced to spend their eternities in the turquoise depths of the oceans.
Thanks once again Julie Ann. you light my fire!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Hazel - thanks for dreaming with the Dragons - we hope you'll come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tag is sublime, poetry on paper and amazing Art. So glad you are a light (alight/on fire) on my crafting journey Hazel :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Hazel, I love the bubble wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag Hazel! beautiful bling and lovely PA image, Nice idea the bubble wrap and fab pebbles and shells. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant piece of art! I love the ways you have added the texture and of course the LP lady! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous tag with great elements. Love all the details. Thanks for dreaming with us over at Dragons Dream Tag It On. We hope you'll join us again in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you've certainly hit the brief with this one Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tag Hazel, love the story behind it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me with the story, lol! Love it and your tag. The treasured bubble wrap is a great idea and looks so effective. You definitely achieved an oceanic look here.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Hazel this tag is gorgeous beyond words! I love how you have incorporated that beautiful Lynne Perrella lady! How like a sea goddess she looks in the wonderful watery world you have created. I adore shells. I've always felt there was something magical about them since I went to Cornwall as a little girl and was taken to a tiny chapel made entirely of shells. I wonder if Thalassa has a beautiful grotto to live in, full of pearls and sunken treasures? I loved looking at this and imagining. Your work is always stimulating and inspirational, Hazel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful tag with depth and I'm loving those shells too! Lynne P stamps are a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Hazel love the colour and the textures, thank you for joining us at the Dragons Dream TIO, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Hazel. Love the Dylusions colour. Thanks for joining in with us over at Dragons Dream Tag It On challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning colour, love the bubble wrap idea! X

    ReplyDelete