Tuesday 6 January 2015

Fragile Papers Canvas.

Sooooo excited to experiment with fragile papers. After watching the intro and examples by Leandra and the fabulous first post of the year from Lucy, I was overexcited and raiding my craft room for materials.
Luckily, when I visited the PA stand at Stevenage, I bought 2 packs of Tissuestock...French Script Ivory and Kraft, so that set me up well.
Here's what I did.
First I grungepasted some words through a stencil onto my PA 8x8 canvas. used the sides of the canvas too.
Next I die cut some flowers from large TH die using PA tissue stock, white corrugated card, a Greek newspaper, and white deli paper.
I prepared some strips of fragile papers by tearing strips and used a variety of edge punches to create different patterned edges. The tissue didn't work well in the punches but it added to the fragility of the paper.I also cut strips of PA Crunchy Waxed Kraft paper which responded well to the punches.
I pleated and machine sewed some old book paper and old music sheet.

Next job was to assemble my flower, which for Mrs Impatience has to be very scrunched up and rammed together! I distress inked some of the edges of the petals.
I arranged the strips of paper onto the canvas and added some lace for extra texture and contrast.
2 vintage buttons finished off the job nicely.

I am pleased with this attempt at fragile papers and so, be warned, I will be back with further developments!!

Thanks Leandra and the team for stimulating and well thought out presentation of the blog and thanks to Lucy for her tissue flowers which inspired me!









26 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your canvas Hazel, the words look amazing and so delicate, the colours used are sublime and the flower is wonderful. Liking the sewing element also. Looking forward to seeing the next stage :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazel, that is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the words on the background and that you've left your canvas naked, the whole layout looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning canvas, Hazel! I really love your colours, so pure and creamy. Also I love all the text and different papers. Really fabulous response to the inspiration: great work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely gorgeous hazel - I love it. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your canvas, it's just so pretty and elegant! Really stunning :-) Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Hazel, would love to put this up in my house. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really beautiful Hazel. The layers of papers & textures work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and very elegant the canvas Hazel! I love the gorgeous creamy colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! The flower is stunning, and the paste words are fab Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this is exquisite, very home decor, and I love the natural colours,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvas Hazel, the neutral colours are perfect for it. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel,
    What a stunning canvas, love all the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your canvas is very pretty and so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Hazel! Nothing more to say because I love every bit of it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful canvas - love the muted tones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely gorgeous, Hazel - your fragile paper flower is a stunner. I can see you're bobbing up lots over at PA, so I'll be back tomorrow to see what other beautiful things you've been up to!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is simply stunning! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous canvas Hazel. I do admire how you can stick to a minimalist colour palette! It just makes everything look so elegant! Which of course it totally is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning canvas - I totally love your flower, it's such an eye-catcher and the vintage buttons are beautiful. I love the colour palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your fragile paper flowers are lovely, nice creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful piece Hazel! Would love to have something like this setting on a shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow truly stunning canvas, the white with the fragile papers looks absolutely beautiful. Happy Creating :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete