Tuesday 13 October 2015

Face, Kim Dellow style

As anyone who knows me will know....faces are something that I find challenging and like to tackle. So, after seeing Kim's linear face on the PA blog, I had to try.
I started by stencilling some fresco neutrals onto my journal page.
Next, I drew the face, which I sourced from the weekend newspaper supplement, in black stabilo pencil.
I wet a brush and used the pencil lines to smudge to create a bit of shadow! Whoops, was supposed to be linear and I went too far!
Finally, I used my Lin Brown stencil and black archival to embellish the girl and wrote the word Believe.  Simples!


I am entering this into the Paperartsy challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Well done, Hazel, she's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Hazel, your faces have come on a treat - lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the fresco and stabilo together...a wonderful affect!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, youthful, fresh and pretty portrait, Hazel. I can see the influence of Kim's linear sketch, but you have made this beautiful girl very much your own style. I like the addition of text too, Hazel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's lovely, Hazel - such a soft sweet smile - and the harlequins make a great framing device.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't seem challenged at all, you are "rocking" this challenge! Another great drawing, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete