Saturday 8 February 2014

Ellen Vargo, Blazonry Stencil design.

Ever since I came across Ellen Vargo's work on PaperArtsy as a guest designer I have been a big fan. I now follow her blog and have been inspired by her use of a particular stencil by Julie-Fei-Fan Balzar.
It features the use of reduction, which is wiping off paint through the stencil.

First I applied layers of Fresco paint with the brayer. now and again I wiped off the paint through the stencil or added paint by dabbing through the stencil.

Next I stamped with Dina Wakley's "Create with Abandon" stamp in olive, and coffee archival. I used the stencil as a template, drew and cut out several of the shapes, inked the edges and glued into position.
I used Dina's stamp again in black to feature and frame the piece.
I distress inked around the work and finally added some lace as the work seemed to be lacking something.
I am now pleased with the finished result.
Thanks Ellen for yet more inspiration.



5 comments:

  1. Great collage pages Hazel

    Hope you're feeling better now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page Hazel, really nice colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...this is gorgeous Hazel!
    It was lovely to meet you yesterday.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete