Tuesday 28 March 2017

Blue and Ochre with Oxides



Today, I took the wrappers from the Oxides! Scary, but they have been calling to me.
I did lots of smooshing and spraying and dabbing and adding distress inks. Kept layering and drying and using up lots of paper.

I learned by playing and really enjoyed myself.
I chose to use blues and ochres in order to play once again in the PaperArtsy challenge.
As you can see, some green crept in as I was introducing distress inks. 
Nevertheless, I was pleased with this background and used one of my favourite stamps from HP1005, stamping with BluePrint Sketch Distress ink, and a sentiment from ELB28.
I finished off with a bit of bling using Stickles. 
Thanks to Corrie Herriman for redirecting me to TH instructive video and to Alison Bomber for tempting me to buy the Oxides!

12 comments:

  1. Fab. the oxides are a good match with your choice of stamp. I am glad you took Alison's advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Hazel! Knew you'd have fun and make something lovely.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background Hazel.. I amovibg the oxides too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Hazel. I haven't yet taken the plunge with the Oxides, but this is so beautiful I'm very tempted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Oxide background - love your project xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! A very inviting piece of art with the colour and words! Love it! Art play is so worth it. Going to look up oxides!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Hazel the result is fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to be an enabler, and even happier to learn you had fun playing with them! Gorgeous springtime look to this - you can see the hazy summer air shimmering in the meadow.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - got my seasons all muddled, but I'm pretty tired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this Hazel. really keen to get my oxides now.. should have ordered more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is oh so beautiful Hazel! Love those stamps and your to die for background. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete