Sunday 5 March 2017

Second SongBird.



Here is the second entry for the Stamps and Stencils Challenge.

This was my original one, but, because I was waiting for the Crackle Paste to dry, I moved on and produced another version.
For this one, I glued some brown paper to my page and spread some Deco Art White Crackle Paint roughly and liberally. I stamped some Clarity Seedheads in white paint and in brown Archival ink.
I stencilled some words with Black Archival across the page.
Next I sprinkled infusions, Golden Sands and sprayed with water.
I added my napkin bird and some old lace...really old lace!
Finally, I washed around the edges with Burnt Umber Acrylic ink and added a few inky splatters.
Very different from my first entry....funny how art leads you along to who knows where!

10 comments:

  1. Hazel, both of your pages are wonderful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just absolutely unbelievably stunning, hazel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful - gentle neutrals and wonderful shabby vintage detailing. Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous and elegant page, love the natural colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both ersions are beautiful in their own way. Love them both and defo could not say which I like better.... You are just so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful make Hazel - lovely layering and beautiful results! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils this month. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel, this is such a tremendous page! I love the vintage palette and your super layers! That bird is outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see this fantastic project in the top 3 spotlight with us at S&S! Hugs, Autumn

      Delete