Wednesday 1 March 2017

Scruffy Grunge Book.



I am very happy to present my Scruffy book, which I produced for the PaperArtsy Challenge entitled "Paints With Infusions".

I began by selecting some Cardboard packaging. Tearing and cutting them into pages and then die cutting holes through them so that you can see through to the other pages. I used Seths' Spellbinder Word Circles 1 which comes with 3 stamps. 


Next, I transformed some plastic buttons into rusty ones.


Page 1 is painted with Patina and then using a credit card, I printed lines using various paint colours. Added to this are Crackle Paste stars, sprinkled with Infusions and lightly sprayed with water. Rusty wire, rusty buttons and a Seth Woodchip shape complete it. 


Page 2 is painted with a mixture of Infusions and Metallic Glaze. Onto this, I have stamped words with paint , more rusty buttons and a Seth Woodchip shape stamped and Glazed.


Page 3 is acetate. I have stamped on the back with Black Stazon and painted the shapes. I also managed to punch holes at the bottom and thread my shrink plastic stars.


Page 4 has a combination of Metallic Glaze and Infusions randomly spread across the page with a credit card. Onto this I stamped words, stencilled words added Crackle Paste and sprayed with water and sprinkled extra infusions. This time I stitched on the rusty buttons.


For my front cover, I stitched around the edges, added some stamped stars and a Woodchip shape and finished off with rusty elements and some fluffy threads and Sari Silk.



The backs of the pages are left plain for me to journal on. 

I hope that this has inspired you to pop over to the PaperArtsy blog and join in with the challenge.
Thanks for looking.

Products Used:- Stamps ESA03, ESA04, Paperartsy Infusions; SpellBinders Word Circles1; Art Bits by Seth Apter; Fresco Paints.

I would like to enter this into the challenge over at MixedMediaMonthly where the theme is currently Buttons. My rusty buttons are prevalent in my little book!






24 comments:

  1. Amazing, love the dangling stars and you've used those stamps brilliantly with that signature colour palette....fabulousa! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous project hazel, love love love that rust! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely magnificent, Hazel! So packed with ideas and fabulously tactile details... I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I can tell you enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel,
    WOW this is spectacular, looks you had a great time. Love all the pages and the acetate one is genius

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely awesome project Hazel and I adore every little detail. I am especially drawn to the acrylic page with those beautifully painted stars and the dinky dangling ones. I really love this project....well done you!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! Love this. I'm really impressed with your buttons. How exactly did you do them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous grungy creation!! Love how you altered those buttons! You should add it to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing project, Hazel! I just saw it on the Blog, as I was out last night with the family. I've been completely blown away by it - it's wonderful! I love your effects and the fantastic shapes and textures - and recycled too! Fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, so much glorious texture x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally love this Hazel, a wonderful grungy booklet/journal. Great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible Hazel. Hold on to it cause I have to see this one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun and fabulous, Hazel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel,
    thanks so much for sharing your steps on this book- it truly is a fabulous make! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fascinating project!! I love all your originality and ingenuity work, it is really fun to watch one by one. I love it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Hazel, this is just an amazing project!!! The texture, colors, all the bits and pieces- I love it all! And you gave me an idea on how to use shrink plastic-until now I was thinking it's not worth the bother, but your stars totally changed my mind! Thanks so much:) Lemon Creation

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous book, I am love with this. Thanks for sharing tutorial, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely amazing. Very unique, so much detail and marvellous techniques. Loving the plastic/rusted buttons and those cute shrink plastic stars. So much attention to detail....love it x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a super cool little book! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. magnifique, vraiment, magnifique . Merci !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! What a beautiful piece and I love the way you changed the plastic buttons into rustic looking ones!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the way you transformed your buttons!! Your piece is just FABULOUS. THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the March Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete