Sunday 5 March 2017

Songbird Fly.



Over on Stamps and Stencils, they have a new theme..."Chirpy, chirpy, cheep cheep! I love wild birds and needed to join in. 

I began, not on this repurposed page, but on the facing one, and after applying crackle paste thickly, realised that I would have to wait too long to carry on. So, when that dries, I could have another entry.

This one started with white gesso applied with a credit card, white stamping with bubble wrap and a little stone coloured stamping. I stencilled in Green archival using a TH numbers stencil and added some pieces from a paper napkin.


I added a few more stencilled numbers, blended some of the edges with neutral paints and then stamped using a PaperArtsy stamp of a hedgerow and Clarity stamp of some seedheads.
To finish, I stamped the words onto cotton fabric and darkened around the edges for a border.
My other page is still not dry, but I will be onto it in a bit!!

There was so much inspiration from the design team, that I felt compelled to have a go!


4 comments:

  1. Another lovely bird taking pride of place - the colours are great but, you know me... the neutral version is the one which makes my heart sing loudest!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page makes me really feel the breath of spring, so beautiful and the bird is pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collages always make me happy! These are both so beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page Hazel, love the bird ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete