Monday 27 March 2017

Blue and Ochre.



Over on the PaperArtsy blog, I am totally inspired by the "Blue and Ochre" theme. Fabulous colours that remind me of beautifully sunny days in the Mediterranean.

I began in a large journal by gluing a sewing pattern page down and framing it with manuscript pages.
I dabbed onto this some Pumpkin Soup fresco paint and blended it with my fingers. I aged everything with some Vintage photo inks.
Next, using some of my favourite stamps from PaperArtsy, of various faces, I stamped them around 2 edges using BluePrint Sketch Distress ink pad.
I then drew a face using Medium Brown Portfolio Pastel and a little black stabilo pencil.

I dabbed the Blueprint distress pad onto some Vintage lace and sprayed it with water and selected some blue and ochre buttons.

To finish, I added the word "Curiosity", from TH new Quote Chips.
The girl is looking wistfully back upon the people in her life.

I would also like to enter this piece into the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge of Buttons.





Thanks for visiting my blog.

14 comments:

  1. Love how you interpreted this challenge, Hazel. Those colours are so beautiful together and I like the idea of your character reflecting on the people in her life very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful page!!! Oh, that girl you drew... I love her, her expression and her hat!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful entry Hazel and I was going to say the same as Wanda especially 'her hat'! Really gorgeous shades of blue and core you chose.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous page Hazel, love how the images came together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really drawn to this colour scheme Hazel and I adore your rendition for this challenge. Love your hand drawn lady amongst the stamped ones she's a great addition.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Hazel.. I love those colours together your lady is brilliant I love her hat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage look - with a twist of delight in that vivid blue lace - very cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the page Hazel, she is wonderful and gorgeous vintage atmosphere where blue and ochre interwoven. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Hazel! the balance between blue and yellow is exquisite, I love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel,
    This is my favorite so far, love the drawing and that cute little hat is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so clever! I thought that was a stamp!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete