Thursday 23 March 2017

Hope is never lost.



Having found Ingrid's Mixed Media world recently, and being inspired by the mood board and the fabulous samples from the designers, I decided to join in.

I began by gessoing a page in my Girl's Annual and using crackle paste through a snowflake stencil.
When dry, I sprinkled some PaperArtsy infusions onto the snowflakes and spritzed with water.

I tore up some corrugated card and dipped into some watery infusions and cut up some strips of lace.
I die cut some flowers from TH flowers die using shiny card and arranged them to grow through the layers.
I finished off with  new TH Quote Chips.

My feeling was, that the flowers will always endeavour to grow, despite the odds.

9 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful page, Hazel - I love the earthy texture of the corrugated cardboard and the flowers breaking through despite the frosty chill of the gorgeous snowflakes. Lovely, lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frosty page Hazel. Love the variations in texture. You really achieved the delicacy of a frosty morning.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on our mood board Hazel! The icy feel in the colors and lace play perfectly against the cardboard texture, which gives a sense of the ground reappearing after being blanked in snow for the winter. There is indeed 'hope' that Spring is coming! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this hazel. So very icy. Gorgeous. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contradiction of beautiful wild flowers in the freezing cold with the sentiment standing out bold and strong. Great page Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely STUNNING page Hazel! I adore that background, the flowers look so beautiful against it and I just love the thought behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation !! Thanks for joining Mixed Media World challenge this month !!Best of luck !!
    Hugs!!
    Torsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! So very icy. Thanks for joining Mixed Media World Challenge !!

    ReplyDelete