Wednesday 15 March 2017

Tim Holtz inspired



This month on Country View crafts our theme is "Inspired by Tim Holtz".
I began by getting out my Compendiums of Curiosities, written by Tim and got together a few ideas.
First, I experimented with a few different methods of creating backgrounds with alcohol inks and settled on one called "Alcohol Ink Monoprint", which I am sure you can look up. 
Onto this I added some stamping from his stamp Sideshow CMS263, using blue archival and white fresco snowflake.


Next, I stamped my main image from the same stamp set and added some Alcohol Ink Splatters.


Using more Tim techniques, I created an alcohol ink background onto acetate and then an "Alcohol Ink Resist, where you stamp with archival and then gently rub to remove the ink. 



I used this as an overlay and secured it with brads, leaving the bottom section clear. 
There are a couple of TH rub ons too, to add to the finish. 







6 comments:

  1. You had me at technique Hazel! Wonderful combination of alcohol ink techniques for this colourful card, makes me want to pull out my inks and play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a stunning background!! You applied the AI techniques so well, a fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love how that alcohol inky layer completely transforms the look - amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technique galore! I think I may have to dust off my books too! Great card Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous use of Tim´s techniques, dear Hazel! Love this card with it´s wonderful colors!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inky fun Hazel...a really cool card x

    ReplyDelete