Wednesday 22 March 2017

Keep Safe



I am still pursuing the Paperartsy topic of Windows, Doors and Architecture. There was a piece on the introduction that really sparked my imagination. It had lots of images of buildings and lots of texture.

So, I had another play tonight. 
I started by cutting pics of buildings, facades, doors, walls from magazines and glued them to my page. Then I clear gessoed them so that I could paint or draw over the glossy surfaces.
I added some grunge paste bricks and some crackle paste and cotton cheesecloth for texture.
I decided to add some pen drawings of famous buildings, which got me thinking of the atrocity on Westminster bridge today.
So, to finish off, I added the message to all vulnerable people. 
Not much else to add!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the details and texture!
    (Would fit ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
    -OUT and ABOUT again, maybe you will link it again?!)
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning and striking page, Hazel. Love it. And yes, what else can be said... Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture, Hazel and so relevant with your message. These tragedies make us aware of the dangers hiding in the shadows of our modern world, but also remind us of the extraordinary courage of the men and women who work for the Police, Security and Emergency Services. How indebted we are to them. xx

    ReplyDelete