Tuesday 14 March 2017

Dublin doors



My second entry on the PaperArtsy challenge entitled "Doors, Windows and Architecture". 
This one was inspired by a picture in a book of lots of doors photographed in Dublin.

I wanted to convey how transient our lives are and how life goes on and time passes quickly, often without us realising. 
I tried to portray how busy these houses must have been over time and how a photograph captures those precious moments. 
My work is busy, because that is how I see the passage of time for these doors and the many people that must have passed through them.
It reminds me of how precious our time is.

I began by attaching a sheet from some TH, stash, Wallflowers , and stamped some PaperArtsy faces onto the reverse of the cut off paper. I tore up the door pictures and  aged them and added some of the new TH paper dolls. 
The stamp which forms a frame is from HP 1601.
A few postage stamps and film negative complete my collage. 
I have tried to send the eye around the page, much like the circle of life! 
I really enjoyed this one! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. You really are inspired by this one. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Hazel - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab entry! Love your thought processes behind this one.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Page Hazel. Love the vintage colours and fab collage art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and interesting page! You are so right it does go fast!! Love how life is uniquely different yet so much the same! A different kind of busy in those days!! Great post!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, Hazel. This is beautiful and profound. I love how you combined images and stamped work and the little dog seems to be stepping right out of the image. I am reminded of James Joyce's 'Ulysses' and 'Dubliners'. This topic is great for not only inspiring different techniques, but also stimulating the imagination, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, also I think we are really only looking after these houses whilst we are alive, we never really 'own' them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - the layers of doors capturing the many lives passing in and out of them over the days and years - both the page and the thoughts behind and within it are mesmerising.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I get a feeling of these lives colliding around the same houses. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete