This is also a new medium for me, but enjoyed the experience.
First, I cut a small piece of heavy card 6"x4", and used 2 layers of modroc , overlapping the edges. I wet it briefly in warm water and pressed it onto the card. I didn't smooth it too much as I like the weave texture.
I cut a small piece of modroc and covered a wooden heart shape.I pressed some twine with bows into it while still wet.
When it was dry, I stamped Hearts from Emma Godfrey's EEG13, added a bit of dictionary, a little script and aged it with fresco Roast and Vintage photo distress ink.
Next, I melted beeswax and applied it to parts of the surface.....I remelted with my heat gun and pressed some flowery sequins into the surface.
I scratched into the surface and added more french Roast to emphasise the scratches.
To finish, I added a lacy "skirt" and created a rosette with a vintage shell button and assorted ribbon.
Here is a close up showing some texture!
I am thinking of making a wedding card similar to this for some lovely friends of mine.
I am entering this into the Paperartsy challenge.