Monday 1 August 2016

Hot Summer Days in Almeria


This is my first piece for Country View Crafts on the topic, selected by Jane, entitled "Hot Summer Days".
I decided to use a photo from last year's family holiday. As our Grandson was starting school last September, we decided to take everyone on holiday to Spain last summer. 
We stayed in the Almeria region, as we have Spanish friends who live there. We spent happy times meeting up and learning about their part of the world.
This is a photo of Isabel and myself, sitting at a pavement cafe, having a relaxing time. 
I have chosen the colours from the photo in my journal composition....fresco paints Banana and China.

I began by gessoing my page and, adding one of my favourite techniques, drippage. 
Next, I selected Emma Godfrey's lovely flower stamps, EEG14, and stamped with Manganese Blue archival ink.


I mounted my photograph onto blue mirri card, and stamped more flowers onto a paper stash pad of matching colours. Once cut out, I added them to my pic. I dressed it up with some prima flowers and small buttons.
Finally, I added the words Friendship, Sunshine and memories from the Tim Holtz Ideology Big Chat.
Thankyou for looking and I hope that this has inspired you to use your precious photos in journalling.





9 comments:

  1. What a lovely memory Hazel and such a gorgeous sunny layout. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely floral page to keep your photo of a happy moment! Really summery! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Hazel - great layout and super summery colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me feel guilty for falling behind with my scrapbooking... I love the colours you chose, very apt for a summer holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue and yellow and this is a fabulous layout ...love it. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful summery page and colours. Gorgeous Emma's flowers image and wonderful memories photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous sunny piece Hazel, a fabulous way to remember your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, Hazel! The photo shows the summer feeling you had and you set it perfect in scene.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout Hazel, and great colour scheme love it xx

    ReplyDelete