Saturday 30 July 2016

Crafty Individuals book

The challenge at the moment over on the Crafty Individuals blog is about creating things in miniature.

So, here is my toilet roll book.


I began by cutting four toilet roll middles at different lengths and painting with white gesso.
Next, I glued a few bits of script tissue and a greek newspaper randomly onto the surfaces.
I chose a variety of CI stamps in a nature theme and printed them with black archival.
I die cut some leaves using brown wax paper and added them to my pages.


Next, stamped and heat embossed some script in gold and heat embossed with Gold Frontage on the edges of the pages.
I added a selection of jute, ribbon and hessian to the pages and hole punched and put rings through.
A little string and raffia through the rings and my book was finished.






I am entering this into the Crafty Individuals challenge.



10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Hazel! I don't work well in miniature either but you have really cracked this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am risking the OTT American expression OMG for this one... Only a superlative will do for this fabulous creation born out of loo rolls. The gold details and natural twine are perfect embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb mini masterpiece, I love it! Great recycling, great stamping, and great embellishments. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals July Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the clever contrasts in this mini x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this book and the colour palette, fabulous pages xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Hazel, love the natural tones with the gold embossing X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous mini masterpieces. Beautifully made as always Hazel.
    Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel,
    This is just so beautiful! What appeals to me is the colour palette, those soft natural colours and then the gorgeous flashes of gold set against the wax paper and hessian - it is stunning!
    Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Good Luck Wishes
    Lynne
    It's been sometime since I made a book from toilet rolls centres, you might just have sparked an idea for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, fantastic idea Hazel!!! and I love the result, your mini book on nature with various textures is a pure delight!!
    Sorry for the late visit, I'm so busy with my new craft room (well in progress happily! :-) but not yet finished..)
    Hugs, Coco Xx

    ReplyDelete