Friday 6 May 2016

Wish me luck

Over on the Crafty Individuals blog, they are having an anything goes challenge. As long as you include one of their products. I have been coaxed over by the very talented Lynne Moncrieff and am joining in for the first time.

I began by covering my journal page in overlapped stamping of the background stamp CI-237 using Coffee Archival. Next, I tore round some CI images that I find so useful and glued them onto my page.
Next, I stamped over the images with a large heart stamp using Black Archival.
I covered all the remaining background with fresco paint in Taupe and stamped some script with coffee archival.
I stamped a couple of sentiments and then wrote the lyrics to Gracie Fields, "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye" around some of the hearts.
I really enjoyed playing with these beautiful images and it has given me ideas to experiment further.

I am entering this into the CI challenge.


13 comments:

  1. Fab page Hazel, like your colour palette very much. Good luck! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous design Hazel, love how you've stamped the heart over the images xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Hazel....love that quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel, thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Individuals this month and for your wonderful entry!!!
    Absolutely gorgeous page, I love it to bits! Very inspiring also, you show me a great way to use these lovely images from the miniature paper pads.
    Good luck to you!!!
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project Hazel. Love how you have used the images especially the writing around the hearts. Such a great idea.
    Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've created your journal page Hazel, the hearts look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea for a journal page Hazel, great hearts! Thanks for linking in to our May challenge for the very first time. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel,
    I am humbled at your words, thank you so much. Glad that you have decided to join us at the Crafty Individuals challenge especially with this stunning journal page. Great composition and I love that you worked with CI vintage images yet the hearts and journaling bring an almost contemporary feel to the page.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Good Luck Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Original journal page! I love how you have used the images, great idea!!
    Thank you for joining in Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Hugs,
    Sylvie/Nefertiti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the images seem to glow from the Taupe background, and the hearts make the whole thing even more romantic and nostalgic.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous collage, Hazel! I truly love this color palette and design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, I am loving your hearty creation !

    ReplyDelete