Tuesday 17 November 2015

Abstract Blue

This is my second piece of the day as I got fired up earlier when I started layering and adding bright embossing powders.

I Black Gessoed my Journal page and wiped over Paperartsy fresco Beach Hut, Sky, Baltic Blue and Glass Blue with a credit card!
Next I added some fresco Snowflake with a comb.
I added dots of silver paint applied with a stamp and then used a scribble stamp of Dina Wakleys with Black Archival, White paint and 2 blue embossing powders.
As a contrast, I added some texture with a Finnabair stamp using Coffee Archival.

What to do next puzzled me at first. I kept placing different images from archive photos but they looked out of place. Then I looked through my collection of magazine snippings and found this statement. Bit ironic as I have just piled on half a stone...but hey ho!


I made a copy of my background and used a magazine image and the sentiment as an alternative. Still like the plain one but enjoy the shape of the figure as it contrasts the background! Any preferences out there?


I designed this for the CVC challenge but will also submit it into the PA challenge which is Abstract Art.

8 comments:

  1. This is great, Hazel! Really love our layering, and that image is fabulous. Wow! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Hazel, the background and colours are perfect for your fabulous image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a great weekend. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh - I like this one even better Hazel. What fun. Love your abstract background. Great way to end my day thinking of your sentiment and artwork. Thanks bunches! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the first one is better for the Abstract theme whilst the second is better as a Journal page... Great mixed media piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the abstract works best without the figure... besides you get to see all those amazing layers and squiggly script without the eye getting distracted by a focal image and relegating the background to second place. Beautiful blues!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think they are both great, I love the background colours and textures, very abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to stop by to say thank you so much for the lovely things you said over at PA - I was extremely touched. It's so good to know that something which gives me such joy is also providing pleasure and inspiration for others.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete