Saturday 3 June 2017

Flowers and hearts plate



Hi, Hazel here!
Here is my second piece for Country View Crafts topic of "Hearts".
There was a lot of muppetry involved in the creation of this, as I was on another planet and thought that I was still in May and designing something for the flowers topic!

However, just before I finished I realised that it was "Hearts" and was able to redeem it!

I have a dresser in my kitchen with lots of beautiful plates and mugs and decided to have a go myself. So, I selected a white plate and covered it with clear gesso to give me a dull surface to work on.
Using Black Stazon, I stamped some flowers from 2 PaperArtsy designers...Lin Brown, ELB25, and Jo Firth Young, JOFY14.


You will notice that I also stamped a sentiment but it was wonky, so I painted over it!

Next are my colours and here was my inspiration.


And the Fresco paints that I chose.


After a while it dawned on me that I was on the wrong months' topic, so I grabbed a heart stamp from  PaperArtsy Squiggly Ink SM05 and dotted some hearts frantically around!
Finally I sealed it with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

So, here is the finished plate, happy with it and will add it to the collection on my dresser.

Plenty of time to join in with our topic of Hearts. We look forward to seeing your entries, and you never know, you may be the lucky winner drawn out for the £20 prize over on Country View Crafts!



Products Used:- JOFY14; ELB25, Black Stazon, Fresco paints; Ranger Multi Medium; Clear Gesso.

10 comments:

  1. I love this Hazel, such a happy piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to laugh but I've been there and done it too! Well recovered is all I'll say... Your plate looks fabulous and I think with ceramic paint (proper dish washer proof paints) this could be a fantastic practical gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well rescued! been there, done that! the hearts are a great addition and your plate looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel this is fabulous, I've not had much experience of painting on ceramics but I may have a dabble now. What a stunner you have created and those stamps are just adorable... again another set I am looking at with one eye hee hee. You did make me giggle getting carried away with the wrong theme, we've all been there 😋 Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! There was a time when I painted porcelain but not this way :-) I really love your technique and how you decorated your plate! The PaperArtsy flowers look great with the mini hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your muppetry lol, fabulous design and the hearts filled the spaces perfectly. All I can say is that it's quite comforting to know it's not just me that does this sort of thing 😀 Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plate is gorgeous and I love the late addition hearts, they look like they were planned all along! Beautiful work and a great addition to your dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well worthy of its place on the dresser - this is an inspired use of the funky floral images. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I was here - admiring this fabulous new addition to your dresser. The colours are so uplifting - just lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very cool! I just love this idea and your gorgeous colors and design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete