Wednesday 30 November 2016

Positivity Pocket

Hello my friends and thank you for visiting my blog. Today, I present my Pocket of Positivity!


This is my design to tie in with the Paperartsy topic of "Bleach".
To be honest, I was flummoxed at first, as, apart from spilling onto my clothes etc, I had no experience of bleach in art.
So, my first step was to play with Paperartsy Infusions on tags and then bleach out some of the colour with stamping.

I sprayed water lightly onto tags and liberally added a mixture of infusions, spraying and dabbing until I reached the desired effect.
Next, I spread thick bleach onto a Tear Off Palette and dipped in my PA stamp! Scary, but has survived many dunkings! I used a HotPick for this that had chunky style. HP1604EZ.
You will see in the picture my pocket, which is an end cut off an Amazon envelope.


Next, I selected some fragile papers and glued them on both sides of the pocket. Then I sprayed all over lightly with water and rubbed in some Burnt Umber Acrylic Ink. I used a baby wipe to control the amount of stain.


I rubbed some Black Soot distress ink around the edges of the tags, threaded some wool/ribbon through and backed them with paper from my stash that is suitable for writing on.


I also added some positive thoughts to the fronts of the tags from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk.


For the front of the pocket, I also attached a tag. I added an "old Soul" photo, some corrugated card, large pin with tassels, hessian and yummy rusty wire. Oops, and a tiny butterfly, symbolising hope. 


On the back, I have added a poignant poem by Rupert Brooke and a word band.


The idea behind my Positivity Pocket, is to use it to collect positive thoughts, happenings , phrases , poems, throughout the year adding to the collection and turning to it in times of either need or celebration. I hope that, by this time next year, it will be stuffed full with more tags and lots of hope and inspiration.
Turning into a philosopher in my old age! Thanks for looking and do pop over to the Bleach topic over on the Paperartsy blog.









3 comments:

  1. How beautiful?! I enjoyed reading all the details. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project Hazel!! The tags are so pretty and great bleaching effect, I have not bleached yet. I have this a go!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fabulous - I love the tags, the bleaching, the colours, the pocket, and above all the positivity! Absolutely enchanted by this, Hazel!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete