Saturday 23 August 2014

Rudbeckia inspired by Clare Lloyd

Meet Rudbeckia or Becky for short. She is my face that I am entering into the PA challenge inspired by the talented Clare.

I do like drawing faces and feel that, since our tuition from Clare, my technique has improved.

I followed her instructions and was inspired by the flowers in my garden.


I also used the colours as my inspiration. I used Yellow Submarine and Chocolate pudding for my flower hat and a mixture of Toad Hall and Limelight for my background. 
The sentiment was stamped using Archival Leaf Green. Her wings are skeleton leaves folded in half.
I loved doing this…thanks Clare. 
Here is Becky….

And then the sun came out to greet her!


13 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Hazel, I hope to see more of Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She beautiful Hazel looks like she just enjoying the sun on her face xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hazel she is fabulous. I love rudbeckia's too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhh Hazel, I love her, I adore drawing girls with flowers. I did a poppy girl years ago that is still one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Hazel, Becky is beautiful & so happy surrounded by her flower cousins The Rudbeckias. You are a very talented Lady, love your style.

    My faces are very bad but i have some items to watch and follow which might help, hoping to get there eventually.

    Fantastic Tag:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! What a exciting work Hazel!! She is very beautiful and looks happy, I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine pics and beautiful your summer garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is brilliant Hazel, and I love the photo amongst the rudbeckias sets her off beautifully. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, she's lovely - I like her rosy cheeks too! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's gorgeous. Love the wings and the flower hat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh wow Hazel, she looks fabulous, love the hat and her wings xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's stunning Hazel! I love her pretty hat! xxx

    ReplyDelete