Tuesday 26 August 2014

Flowers and Fish!

I think that I maybe lost the plot tonight, but I really enjoyed it.
Ellen Vargo's new stamps and her and Jo's interpretations sent my brain into a spin. ideas were popping about like a pinball machine. Also may I add, without the aid or hinder of alcohol!

I started by stamping in Archival Cornflower blue onto a Dylusions mop up page, using Ellens EEV04 stamps as I am Little Miss Impatient and can't wait for new ones to arrive.


From these I made 2 creations…….
A flower using florist wire with an umbrella spikelike top to attach petals.


And then I played with the other petals on a mop up background…….

And made a fish picture, using PA bubbly stamp, black, white and silver pens and some Portfolio pastels. Yes, it is a bit mad and it would look very at home on a junior school display but HEY, I enjoyed playing and it could lead to more refined work. 
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Love your flower and your fishies are so inspiring xxx Great mop ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower & fish are fab Hazel, made me smile :-)
    It's good to go with the flow!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fish and the flowers, hazel! Don't worry about finding the plot you are fine without it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic flower and i love your fish under the sea, so inspirational. Might just steal your idea, have you seen this weeks Stampotique challenge, think you could enter this your fish for sure.

    Wonderful takes on basic shapes :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are fab & I love the fish, they look great.

    ReplyDelete