Monday 25 August 2014

Rescued flowery background

Lots of people in Patwitland have been mentioning how they have gone back to work in progress that was abandoned and looked at later with fresh eyes. This is my latest rescue piece and I am now happy with it.
On my last post I showed my glue gun flowers and leaves. This was another play with them which I totally overworked and trampled to death….or so I thought. I started with Dylusion sprays over my leaves and flowers, did a bit of stamping then started to crayon over with Portfolio pastels. I wrote fun and then chucked it on the craft room floor.

Today, I was looking at some artwork on Pinterest and pinned a lovely journal page with houses cut from a book….just by coincidence the work belonged to a friend of Darcys' called Nicole Maki, she lives in the USA.

So, I pinched her idea and die cut some flowers from a dictionary page, scribbled on them and stamped one of Lin Brown's sentiments.
Bingo, much better. A rescue job is sooooo satisfying.

8 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your posts from the last couple of days - your glue gun flowers are great!! I love how you rescued this piece, Hazel - those paper flowers totally make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic Hazel! What a difference. Those flowers, etc., have toned it all down and it now looks fantastic.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic Hazel! What a difference. Those flowers, etc., have toned it all down and it now looks fantastic.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic save Hazel well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great save, this is beautiful Hazel!
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog today too!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. See now what's wrong with that, it looks fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Hazel, the flowers really finish this off xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic rescue Hazel! Adding the book paper flowers was a simple and brilliant move:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete