Sunday 17 August 2014

Hessian and interfacing page

Having just been away for a week in the Lake District, I feel a little as though I am on catch up. The weeks challenges have been stimulating and varied and it was lovely to see that Sarah B has joined the DT. congrats Sarah.

I chose Penny Nuttall's project because the materials were more or less to hand at the last minute.

I decided to add a page to my small book that I already submitted as a challenge a while ago…this one.

I chose a piece of hessian for the background and then hunted for paper backed fusible webbing. haven't got any so decided to use Iron on interfacing instead…fingers crossed.
I didn't want to get it massively wet with very watery frescos so I rubbed it with my new intense blocks and blended it a bit with water. then I rubbed treasure gold into it. I placed it onto the hessian and wrapped parchment paper around it and it stuck! I added more treasure gold and you can see a texture where the hessian is.

Next I rummaged through my tissue paper box and found some brown paper with silver on the back…was in the wrong box but meant to be. I tore a piece and stamped one of Darcy's new stamps in archival coffee and olive, distressed the edges and curled it to show the silver. Then I stamped Darcy's new sentiment onto the silver side and finished off with screw style brads on the corners.

I had no preplan in my head and just went with the flow and I think that it worked well, so I have a new page in my little book.
Thanks to Penny for the ideas….I strayed quite a long way from the path but enjoyed my detour! 



9 comments:

  1. Love the use of the hessian on this page Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Hazel!
    Hope you had a lovely holiday!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very beautiful! I love both xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works for me, I think it looks great and I really like the brown paper with silver on the other side, adds that extra interest Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hessian base and the silver backed kraft. The screw brads are a fun touch. A lovely mini page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, especially the screws - a really great touch! I have some hessian, which I really want to use! You've inspired me with this lovely make, Hazel! I love your focal stamp too. It looks beautiful on that background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rugged look of your hessian page - and those distressed edges are really cool. Fabulous cover on the book too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see another page from your journal especially using fabrics. Am loving Darcy's plate 9 and have 10 on wish list.

    Fabulous inspiration, loving your use of
    Inktense Blocks, they are amazing aren't they.

    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Inktense & TG over the hessian backing. The texture shows through beautifully and you're making me want Darcy's stamps again ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete