Thursday 1 September 2016

Travel

Here is the first of my pieces on the topic of Travel. I immediately thought of olde world travellers and the dedication that they put into discovering far flung places....not like us, moaning at having to be at the airport a few hours before we are jetted off.


I decided to do a double journal page in my now favourite recycled Annual. I began by tearing strips of paper from a Kraft paper pad and gluing them down.


I knocked it back by brushing over with watered down Paperartsy fresco paints, Stone and Taupe.
I then selected some pics from a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ephemera pack and aged them with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
I selected some stamps from the fabulous Travel  Ways CMS 162, also by Tim Holtz. I used Black Archival ink to stamp them onto some of the Kraft paper and then heat embossed clear. After a layering with black shiny card I added them to my arrangement.
Finally, I linked all of the elements by adding some black Rub ons, also by Tim Holtz. Remnant Rubs.
I hope that this may inspire you to join in with us at Country View Crafts. There is a wealth of inspiration from our talented team.


10 comments:

  1. Perfect combination of Vintage stamps, ephemera and papers for this homage to travellers past. Fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages, Hazel! Everything is fitting perfect together, really love it!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journal pages, Hazel! Great composition, perfect for the travel theme! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More super pages in your annual. A real vintage travel piece...lovely work xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Hazel, especially how you've used kraft paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal spread Hazel. The combination of colours is so wonderfully vintage and your collage layering and stamping is perfectly designed. A fabulous take on the travel challenge. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pages with just the right balance of foreground and background - perfect harmony xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this page spread. Brilliant collaging, and the softening of the Stone and Taupe over those fab tape strips works so well. Beautiful, and definitely captures that idea of the golden age of travel.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you layered up all the various elements to create these fabulous pages Hazel. Definitely reminiscent of a bygone era of travel!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete