Sunday 25 September 2016

Travel Fund.

Hi, here is my second piece for Country View Crafts with the theme of "Travel".


I chose to create a jar to keep savings for future trips.
I began with a Branston Pickle jar and sanded the lid.
Next, I painted the jar and the lid with Clear Gesso.
Using Paperartsy frescos I painted the lid and most of the jar with Sky.
I painted the bottom section with Caramel to represent the sand.
I painted waves using Mermaid and China. Clouds and the sun with Snowflake.


I used the white for the sun so that the yellow (Tangerine Twist), would not go greeny.
I finished with a few birds in the background, with Black fudeball pen.

Because I wanted a vintage finish to my jar, I painted it all over with Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.
I tied a strip from a 1940's map around the middle and fastened it with string.
Next, I selected some labels from Tim Holtz Ephemera pack Expedition and created a Title Tag with Tim Holtz rub ons Words.

This idea could be adapted to use for children to save money for different things using plastic jars and adding their names to them.
I hope that you like my idea and feel inspired to join in over on the CountryView Crafts challenge.


Products Used:- Paperartsy fresco paints; Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium, Vintage; Ephemera Pack, Expedition; Rub ons Words.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed a great idea for kids savings! Love your travel inspired jar with Vintage colours and ephemera, just hope it's big enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project, Hazel! I like your painting on it. To make some for the children is good idea!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab & fun idea for the theme Hazel. Useful tip to use Snowflake first for the sun.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun idea jar Hazel!! Children will be happy. xx

    ReplyDelete