Monday 29 August 2016

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

Over on Country View crafts this month, our topic has been "Hot Summer Days".
Here we are, almost into September, but still time to join in with us.


For this piece, I decided to work in my "Girls Annual".
I began by using DecoArt Crackle Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil. Next, I sprayed Pink, Orange and Yellow Dylusions onto my page and added a little Paperartsy infusions which soaked into the crackle.
Next, I roughly tore a selection of Washi Tape strips and added, then stamped some flowers from Emma Godfrey's so useful stamps, and finished off with a few buttons, some of which are threaded with wool.
Finishing touch were some wooden letters sprayed with Red Dylusions.
I feel that this sums up some of the sizzling days that we have encountered this summer.

Please have a look on the Country View Crafts blog for more inspiration.

Products Used:- DecoArt Crackle Paste; Dylusion Inks; Paperartsy Infusions; Tim Holtz Stencil; Emma Godfrey stamps.


7 comments:

  1. Hazel, I really love this card you made! It really looks like hot summer. The stamped flowers and the strips of Washi Tapes are fitting so perfect!
    Have a wonderful week!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Hot colours! The added Infusions work really well with the crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these hot colours, it is fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous hazel, it really sums up the hot sizzling days we've been having,

    Lucy can

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page and definitely HOT! Wonder how I've missed notifications of most of your posts....very odd! Glad I made the effort to go back.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete