I decided to add my second piece to the mix.
This time, I selected some bits and bobs left over from work on Fragile Papers that I did earlier in the year on the Paperartsy blog.
I gessoed my journal page and added some torn dictionary, stamping from a Lynne Perrella stamp and Wrinkle Free distressing using Hickory Smoke and Vintage photo distress sprays.
Next, I arranged my "found" fragile papers and, as these cardboard letters fell off of the shelf as I was looking for a brad for my flower; I decided to create the word September!
It was my intention to repeat stamp the number 9, as in the ninth month, but the letters demanded to be included, so I distressed them and added them to the mix.
So, my number 9 is to be found in the centre of the flower.
The inspiration came when I wandered around my garden this morning and lots of plants were looking fragile and dishevelled!
I also drew inspiration from the wonderful blog belonging to the amazingly talented Diana Taylor.
So, this piece is my second entry into the CVC challenge and, like the first one, came together almost by itself!
Really like how the leaf cut out really shows off the inks underneath!
Here is the finished piece.