I found a piece of Calico, don't have any linen…on the list, luckily found a piece of hessian that would fit on the back. Driftwood from the garage that came from a beach in Spain and my trusty PA stencils and Fresco paints.
I started by stencilling flowers, leaves and Bloom and Grow in Chalk fresco, then stencilled over in colour. Dusty Teal, Lake Wanaka and Lilac for the flowers; Chartreuse, Hey Pesto and Toad Hall for the leaves and words. I then hand painted some extra detail onto them and wrote on the words with black pen to create shadow.
Sewing next and always have to get my instruction book out to check! Zigzagged the calico onto the hessian.
Changed the foot and did a little bit of free machine embroidery around some of the flowers.
I placed some bought flowers around the piece but decided that after the trouble that I had gone to it seemed like cheating so die cut someTim Holtz flower petals from assorted fabrics.
Next I assembled them and sewed them together. I also found some fabric beads which I had received in a Leandra monster box last year….lucky!
I did cheat with 2 shop bought butterflies to finish off.
Lastly I sewed 2 straps to the top and threaded my driftwood.
Contented and a bit taken aback by what I have created! Came together really well.I didn't do it in lots of pieces like Penny because I knew that I would get frustrated lining all the pieces up straight!
So thank you Penny for making my house look like a bomb site. I have really enjoyed creating my wall hanging!