Sunday 14 April 2019

Neutral Zone



Over on the "A Vintage Journey" blog, the theme this month is Neutrals, which suits me so well.
The design team have done us proud once again and have sparked my imagination.

I decided to collect together some magazine pics that were neutral but that also appealed to me. I had also imagined that the Tim Holtz dragonfly would look just right on my pages.

After gessoing my repurposed girls annual, I added fragile papers to my background and knocked them back with neutral tones. I wrote a few words of comfort to myself and arranged the pics.
I linked them with some circles , stamped the dragonfly , wrote some song lyrics which are soothing and created a frame.
I find that this kind of journalling is so therapeutic and helps to calm any worries that I have.

So, an entry for the A Vintage Journey blog challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love this journal page in the neutrals. You've used those magazine photos so cleverly in your arrangement; perfect balance and gorgeous layering of the background tones and stamping. Love this and can really feel the calming effect. Looks like it was fun to create. Thank you so much for your generous comment on my journal pages. I really enjoyed making them and fully understand the therapeutic effect you speak of. I should do it more. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great neutral spread - the layered images and stamping give it depth and detail. I agree on the therapeutic nature of crafting and creativity - but only when it's working. I've put three hopeless half-done projects in the bin this morning and ended up understandably fuming!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages really is perfectly balanced, those images you chose are wonderful and the background you created is beautiful - the dragonfly certainly is a great addition!

    Thank you for joining in our Neutral Zone challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete