Monday 23 October 2017

Snowflakes and Stars.



I was thrilled when Leandra asked me to play with Emma Godfrey stamps for the Pearlescent challenge over on the PaperArtsy blog.
Teamed up with Kay Carley's snowflake stencil, it was a perfect match. 

Eclectica³ {Emma Godfrey} 19

Eclectica³ {Emma Godfrey} 20

070 PA Stencil {by Kay Carley}

I began with Emma's stamps in a rustic style. Using brown card and Kraftcard, PaperArtsy fresco Metallic White Fire provided a great sheen for my background.


I also used White Fire and Metallic Pewter fresco paint to stamp with.

I brushed on a little mica powder and also stamped with Archival Coffee ink. The embellishment came from some old jewellery and I added stickles. 


Next, using Kay's snowflake stencil, I created a variety of backgrounds by spraying mica sprays through the stencil.
The first ones were monochrome.


Then coloured mica backgrounds.....

And gelli print backgrounds.



The common denominator in all these are the snowflake stamps which are stamped with either Fresco Metallic White Fire, or Pewter paint.
Using a variety of beads, embellishments and stickles I dressed them up for Christmas.


I happily made 50 cards, which are now sitting in a shoebox waiting to be written! Happy days! 
thanks for looking and don't forget to visit the PaperArtsy blog challenge. 


5 comments:

  1. Love your cards Hazel, I'm particularly drawn to your sparkle and shine ones. Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over from the PaperArtsy blog to say that I love all these cards. So creative and I have gained a lot of inspiration from them...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply brilliant, Hazel. I've left some more love for these over at PA.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Hazel, I love the sparkles and the different looks you got from the same stamps and stencil - clever and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete