Friday 7 April 2017

Rusty Door



Here is my second piece for Country View Crafts topic of "Rust".

I worked in my repurposed girls annual, starting by applying Black Gesso to my page.
Next, using a credit card, I swiped colours from Seth Apter's PaperArtsy fresco range. I mixed some DecoArt crackle paint with fresco paint and applied thickly with a palette knife.
There is stamping using a Seth Apter French Text stamp from Spellbinders , drippage and extra crackle from a crackle effect stamp.
For the hinge, I die cut from TH collection and applied dark paint, PaperArtsy Crackle glaze and finished off with fresco Buff.
The lettering is from Everything Art, which I added shading using Posca pens.
Not authentic rust as we know it, but an artistic interpretation.
There is still time to enter the CVC challenge and time to pop over to see all the inspiration from my fellow teams.

Products used:- Seth Apter paints Set 1, Set 2; TH die; Crackle Paint; Crackle Glaze; Stamps.

8 comments:

  1. Your artistic interpretation is fabulous Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Hazel, the colours are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - amazing layers to create all that rustiness - so much texture... this is a piece to enjoy with the fingertips too, I bet!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so cool, Hazel! Love all these yummy layers to create that perfect rustiness!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the rust and texture on this!

    ReplyDelete