Sunday 8 January 2017

Swirls, whirls and flourishes


So many times have I enjoyed the wonderful art from the Stamps and Stencils Team. And, so many times have I intended to join in! At last I have made it. 

Here is my journal page in my repurposed book.
It didn't turn out as I had expected, meaning that it started as a double page and the main image is now covered up. 
I gessoed the page and added some strips of various papers, added swirls using crackle paste through my only swirly stencil.
Stamped with Archival watering can some flourishes, sprinkled with Infusions in Violet Storm and did a bit of scribbling.
During the infusion process, my image, which was already in the book, lost its way! You can just about see the girl, top left.


So, I found a substitute girl from TH Photo Booth, nestled her into some ribbon and lace and chose a word.
Am not totally happy with this piece, but I so wanted to join in and hope to do so again.
Entering this onto the Stamps and Stencils Challenge.


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely journal page. I like the photo! My nieces would want a story to go with her. The scraps and bits you added under it is a nice touch. Reminds me of things I saved intending to make something with them, or just a keepsake to remind me of something special. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have found time to join us and share this beautiful journal page! I love your layers of stamping and stencilling and the gorgeous muted colours. The little photo booths picture adds to the vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Hope to see you again! Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is infusions...yum, yum, yum. It's a beautiful journal spread and I'm pleased as punch that you've found time to create this for our challenge. Thanks so much Hazel for joining us. Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Really love your swirls and whirls and flourishes - there's such movement and excitement - perfect for the look in her eyes...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful art journal page this is! I love your muted tones and your fabulous stamping and stencilling! So vintage and so brilliantly done! Thank you so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunningly beautiful and I 'm so glad you joined us! Sorry my commenting is a little late! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being one of our top 3 at Stamps & Stencils! We all loved this page and your gorgeous work! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete