Thursday 19 January 2017

Butterfly grids



Over on the Country View Crafts blog, the theme for this month is "Anything Goes."
I decided to have a play once again in my repurposed Girl's Annual.

I began by gessoing the page which almost covered the script and collaging some neutral papers.
To this, I added some DecoArt White Crackle Paint through a diamond stencil.
I then added some images from Graphic 45 and blended the page with neutral tones of Paperartsy fresco paint, which I blended with my fingers.


Next, I washed over my pages with watered down acrylic ink in Burnt Umber.
I felt that it lacked detail, so I stamped in Black Archival a fabulous stamp, HOT PICK 1506 from Paperartsy.
For extra interest, I scribbled some butterfly poems here and there with white and black posca pen.
Then, with a black stabilo pencil I drew grids. 
To finish, I sprinkled Infusions Orange County and sprayed with water.


I hope that this piece has inspired you to play and to take part in the Country View Crafts Challenge.
Thanks for looking.
Products Used:- HOTPICK1506; DecoArt White Crackle Paint; Graphic 45; Orange County Infusion

7 comments:

  1. I love the grungy/distressed look of the page and the black crayon marking highlighting different areas. Plenty of texture too with the crackle and the stamping. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page Hazel using one of my favourite topics. Gorgeous colour palette and love the crackled harlequin texture.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and girly grunge! Love it Hazel! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and seeing how you did it too.. fantastic spread in your re-purposed book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cool, love, love, love it!! The finishing details just make the page, - great inspiration,( and a super way to use up some of those paper scraps) thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are absolutely amazing! I love them! All these layers are fab!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete