So, the new Paperartsy challenge being wax, and Lin Brown's fabulous post with trapped layers drove me to get out my melting pot again!
If I was a cautious soul, then I would have studied all the information on the PA blog and watched the videos.......but, as usual,I barged into the proverbial china shop and played! I did visit the PA blog, but scanned excitedly!
I began with a piece of corrugated card and glued a wonderful paper napkin down!
I brushed over a little wax in parts and stamped a couple of PA stamps and added some distress inks using the Wrinkle Free method!
I gradually built up some layers of wax and stamped and stencilled around the edges....you can see some scratching and inking too! The middle bird is much more subtle in colour than the lower one because he has layers of wax over him!
I added more wax layers and used a gold leaf pen to highlight some of the scratches and embedded some tiny beads into the wax.
I also made some deep scratches in the foreground to enhance the stamped grasses and finished with some drippage, which I created by dipping my brush into the molten beeswax and pressing onto the top of the card, allowing it to run down from the brush!
If I wasn't Mrs. Must Get It Done Yesterday....then I would have known not to use a small brush, and my layering would be much smoother! I did melt some of the lumpy bits with my heat gun after reading Lin's post, which helped!
So, here is the finished piece!
I got a real buzz from doing this, and I have been back to the PA blog and studied the experts techniques....so, in the words of Arnie....I'll be back! Beeswax smells amazing too!
Am entering this into the PA challenge!