Luckily, when I visited the PA stand at Stevenage, I bought 2 packs of Tissuestock...French Script Ivory and Kraft, so that set me up well.
Here's what I did.
First I grungepasted some words through a stencil onto my PA 8x8 canvas. used the sides of the canvas too.
Next I die cut some flowers from large TH die using PA tissue stock, white corrugated card, a Greek newspaper, and white deli paper.
I prepared some strips of fragile papers by tearing strips and used a variety of edge punches to create different patterned edges. The tissue didn't work well in the punches but it added to the fragility of the paper.I also cut strips of PA Crunchy Waxed Kraft paper which responded well to the punches.
I pleated and machine sewed some old book paper and old music sheet.
Next job was to assemble my flower, which for Mrs Impatience has to be very scrunched up and rammed together! I distress inked some of the edges of the petals.
I arranged the strips of paper onto the canvas and added some lace for extra texture and contrast.
2 vintage buttons finished off the job nicely.
I am pleased with this attempt at fragile papers and so, be warned, I will be back with further developments!!
Thanks Leandra and the team for stimulating and well thought out presentation of the blog and thanks to Lucy for her tissue flowers which inspired me!