Many of us who subscribe to Craftstamper are familiar with her work and great admirers also.
She did not disappoint with her Altered Sewing Tin. We were treated to three nights instalments and I have been beavering away for three nights also .
I started by (after many hilarious exchanges with some of the Patwits) burning my tin on a cooker flame. We do have an open fire but, as many of you know, being so impatient, I couldn't wait for the fire to be lit so I tackled it with coal tongs over the gas flame. It started out as plain silver and I was thrilled with the beautiful coppers, bronzes and even bluish tones that emerged. so much so, that I decided not to cover all of the front.
I started by stamping a lacy panel in Archival coffee and scrunching wax paper, ageing lace with Vintage Photo Distress ink and punching holes through the tin and adding Brads.
I made some small tags using LP stamps, aged them and added some Distress stickles. I secured them with string and another LP stamp. I also stamped a coin, put it into a bottle top and covered with Glossy accents. To finally get the balance right I added the word "Art".
Next, I cut a piece of cotton fabric and stamped my large LP stamp in Black Archival. I frayed the edges, painted it with watery distress ink and highlighted some of the images with coloured pencil crayons.
Next I played with Red Geranium, Olive and Coffee Archival and Surgical Spirit. I rubbed my double piece of white card into it on both sides and let it dry. Well, I didn't let it dry cos I am in too much of a hurry, I dried it. Then I began to build up a grid of stamping, sometimes using the first print and sometimes printing off on spare paper first to get a mixture of depths. I got really excited doing this and went with the courage of experimentation. Like Liesbeth, I go with the flow and vary rarely have a plan.I inked around the edges and added some PA words on Gold paper which I scribbled round. I also added a bit of old jewellery.
These two pages fold in half and sit inside the tin.
Finally, for the base of the tin I made a wax envelope to fit , stamped the base with the large LP stamp and then sat a piece of fabric onto it which was also stained and frayed. I have used another PA stamp for inside. So, when you lift up the card there is an envelope which opens and a message inside!
I love my tin and have enjoyed the process hugely. Thankyou Liesbeth, you are a very talented lady and its brilliant to be able to share your ideas.