I decided not to embellish a heart and immediately thought that a box frame that I had from ages ago would be ideal as it would protect the 3D work.
I also had what I thought was a novel idea to use pot pourri to fill out my work as it has loads of lovely bits in it and it is cheaper than buying loads of embellishments.
I used a combination of pot pourri, shells, prima flowers, wooden bits etc to fill out the frame and embedded them in grunge paste and glued down.
Next I coated everything in Paperartsy Fresco Sky and gave it 2 coats.
The next bit was hard as I struggled to layer up different colours. decided on mixtures of Baltic Blue, Space Cadet and Eggplant. It looked very flat at this stage and I was a bit worried.
I needn't have worried because Treasure Brass came to the rescue and brought it back to life. PING!!
Next I glued some Wendy Vecchi embellishments to the outside frame. I didn't want too much on the outer to detract from the inside.
Finally I painted the outside frame with a mixture of Fresco Eggplant and Little black Dress, treasure gilded the embellishments and plonked in a pic of me when I was 23!!!! Happy Days.
I am well pleased with this venture as it is yet another leap into the unknown thanks to the brilliant Leandra.
Thanks for looking. x