Monday 20 May 2019

Tag Book For A Friend



I was inspired to make a tag book when I saw something vaguely along these lines by Robin-Marie Smith.
I set to creating painted pages and colourful gelli prints, which I tore up and added to the tags.
Not too much thought into their design, just gut feelings and lots of fun.
Next, I added some machine stitching and touches of black lace.
Finally I selected some life-affirming quotes to each tag. These are from the wonderful PaperArtsy range by Alison Bomber.
I chose the quotes for a friend who is going through a tough time and I hope that she will draw comfort from my little tag book.

Over on A Vintage Journey blog, the challenge this month is all about Books, so, I will post my tag book on there.





3 comments:

  1. A fabulous creative tagbook Hazle, colourful and fun!
    Thanks so much for adding this to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your artsy tag book and all your inspirational quotes. Lots of love went into this, but so worth it! What a wonderful gift for your friend! I'm sure it will bring her lots of comfort! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us at A VintageJourney!Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is a stunner... I love the bold graphics and bright colour contrasts - so dramatic and eye-catching, and what a backdrop for the powerful words. A beautifully thought out gift for a friend going through tough times.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete