Saturday 9 February 2019

She Walks In Beauty



While I was creating my last page to enter the new A Vintage Journey challenge, "Your Hearts Desire", I thought of another way of developing the theme.
My mind turned to a photo, which I have in a family collection, of a bride and groom. Unfortunately I don't know who they are, and there is no-one of my family left of this generation to ask.

I prepared the background with a mix of fragile papers and rubbed some pale creams and pink fresco paints in with my fingers, the idea being to blend together the background images.
I stamped a heart from Emma Godfrey onto a French Dictionary page, the page which lists Love words and aged it.
I fussy cut some flowers from my paper stash and made a copy of the wedding photo.
I added some diecuts which were left overs and found a poem which I thought was suitable. "She Walks In Beauty."
I darkened the edges of the pages slightly with an umber Neocolor crayon which I then moistened with a brush and water.
Happy to use this beautiful photo but sad that I don't know their relationship to me.
So, this is my second entry for A Vintage Journey Challenge.


5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pages Hazel and such a lovely photo. Sad you don't know it's origin but you have given it a very fitting background. I love the poem too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful spread Hazel with lots of gorgeous imagery and such pretty flowers but of course that delightful heritage photo takes centre stage. You have given it a wonderful ‘home’ in your journal and a special place in your heart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely glorious, Hazel, and one of my favourite poems too. Sad that you don't know the origin of the bride and groom but happy that you have so many younger generation to enjoy,

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel... this is exquisite x I love the photo and the beautiful way in which you have placed it within those gorgeous papers and florals x The poem is perfect...very inspiring make x

    Great to have you on board again at A Vintage Journey
    Best Wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful poem, and your anonymous relatives work beautifully with it in this layered page full of nostalgic romance. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete