Wednesday 16 May 2018

Vintage Neutrals.


I have been sidelined recently by an amazing free online course called Sketchbook Revival.  There have been some amazing lessons on there from about 20 different artists.
I try to do something in my sketchbook everyday and yesterday I did a double page spread of my Prima watercolour paint tins.


The one on this page is a little set that I bought from PaperArtsy on their final trip to Ally Pally....sob!

Because they are largely neutrals, I thought that I could enter it into the Vintage Neutrals PaperArtsy challenge.
At the bottom of the page, I created a very quick watercolour of one of the flower borders in my garden. It was a blissfully peaceful exercise.



7 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel, what a lovely relaxing way to spend time in your garden. Even the little rectangles of colour look so pretty and the little border is the icing on the page! I had time for a chat with an old friend of mine at Port Sunlight last Saturday and she said she had been enjoying that Sketchbook Revival course too. Although I haven't sketched for over 50 years I'm beginning to wish I'd had a go too. Well done on your challenge entry.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Hazel, you can almost feel how relaxed you were when you painted this. I hope the nice weather comes back soon! Have a lovely week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercolour study Hazel, very calming and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely way to while away some time in the garden. You can feel the sunshine in those shimmering neutrals, and your little flower bed is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely little watercolour. I do love to see sketchbooks and I have to comment that your handwriting is so very neat! Those watercolour paints look rather nice, a delicious colour palette. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous is this ! Great way to spend your time in the garden !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watercolouring in the garden... sounds like bliss. I haven't taken the time to do any of that in a long time! Lovely subtle colours and sketched flowers Hazel!

    ReplyDelete